Sunday, January 1, 2017

Make 2017 Not Suck


For many of us, 2016 just plain sucked. Some of the suckage was simply uncontrollable. Face it, what can we do when our idols die? We can pay tribute to them in whatever way that makes us feel closer to their art. But, in the end, we must say goodbye. Yes, that was 2016. Too many creative souls left this world to pass on to the next. For that, 2016 will go down in infamy. Good Riddance to you, you soul robber and talent stealer 2016!

I digress…

2016 was also the year in which the masses turned on one another in mass protest. I am not even broaching that one, except to say, this is also why 2016 sucked the tail end of a 1957 Ford Pickup. Regardless of why, there seems to be a resounding consensus that 2016 will not be winning any popularity contests. But, let’s shift focus. Instead of focusing on 2016 in the rear view, my question is, how can we make 2017 not suck?

While we cannot do much about death and political destruction, we can do so very much in the wake of such resounding negativity. Granted, we may actually have to remove our mud colored, dark lensed glasses and replace them with a set of rosy lensed, diamond studded Elton John frames. I’m game! Excuse me while I slip on my fancy shades…

Now, the question again… What can we do to make 2017 not suck?

Well, first you have to answer one question. What do you want in 2017? If you could achieve one thing, what would it be? Define that in specific terms. Fill in the blank, “In 2017, I want _______________ “.

Now go after that! Go after that like a mother bear saving her cub from a lion attack. Viciously pursue that one thing. But do so methodically.

Be focused. Be purposeful. Be driven. Choose wisely. Reward yourself.

Be focused, not only about what you want to achieve. Be focused about how you are going to achieve it. Come up with a plan and set that plan in motion. Commit to what it is going to take to achieve that goal.

Be purposeful about the effort you put forth on a daily basis to complete your goal. Create a calendar and devote a specified amount of time to the activity that will result in achieving your goal.

Be driven. Do not let fear, doubt, or insecurity steal your destiny. Your destiny belongs to you! It is yours for the taking. Go take it! It will not be easy. There will be times when you hit barriers. Recognize that every success requires a certain amount of obstacles. Find the strength to knock down each and every wall that is placed between you and what your desire.

Choose wisely who you let into your world. Surround yourself with positivity! Do not let negative people derail you. Negativity can silently infiltrate your psyche, resulting in the abandonment of your mission.

Reward yourself. Every step toward success deserves a reward. Whatever makes you smile, reward yourself with that.


I don’t know about you, but today I am going to take down my Christmas tree and focus on what I want to achieve this year. Then I am going to make a plan to accomplish that one thing that will help to ensure that 2017 doesn’t suck. Hopefully, on New Year’s Day in 2018, my blog post will be about how 2017 didn’t suck and how 2018 will be even better. If for some reason my 2018 New Year’s Day blog post is about how bad 2017 sucks, you have my permission to verbally flog me.


#Make2017notsuck

2 comments:

  1. I will be starting 2017 by counting my blessings and looking for a positive blessing to come my way every day. No matter how small it might be, it is still a blessing. I know what my goal is for 2017 and I am positively certain it will be attained!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think, plan, act and succeed. This is all you need. Address the main issues in your life and try very hard to resolve them. If you complete the list, make a new list and address those and you will be successful and happy. I have planned out all 52 weeks of 2017 with things that I want to accomplish. And my perspective comes from what I consider to be a unique approach. Is is not a question of whether 2017 sucked for me, It's whether I sucked for 2017. If it is good its because I made it good. If it's bad. It's because I allowed to be bad. Everybody gets dealt a hand of cards. It's how you play them. Keep it Smooth.

    ReplyDelete